Short presentation thread

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Thought it would be fun if everyone to tell a little about themselves, so I'll go first. 

My name is Daniel and I'm 38 years old with a wife and a 2 year old daughter, living in Bjärred. My background is Microsofty, and I've always been involved in backend development rather than frontend (although I dabble a bit with jQuery, but hey who doesn't =). For the last six years I've been running my own company (Consulence AB). We do consulting in the Microsoft-arena and have developed a bunch of iPhone apps. 

My role in this project was backend at first, but has started to drift more towards marketing. 

Looking forward to hearing about you and to a freaking awesome collection of apps. 

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Super initiative, Daniel!

As you all know, my name is Christer, and I'm the original founder of this project. I'm a 34 year old Swe-Dane living in Malmö with my girlfriend and dog. Since finishing my studies in '99, I've primarily been doing consulting focused entirely around the development of software on the Microsoft platform. I've have experience in developing web sites, Intranet web applications and Windows applications. I'm currently doing consulting on a freelance basis through my company Stratal ApS.

The applications done in my professional life have all been propriety, closed source software. I wanted the Malmö festival for Android app to be some different/better this year, but couldn't really decide on the what and the how. After reading a couple of books on Open Source, I saw better opportunities in making the source open, and then invite people in to influence and help develop the future app. So for me, this project is very exciting: It's closed source gone open, it involves working with awesome people, and, most of all, it's super fun!

I am very exited to see what our apps will end up being when we arrive to August. I'm sure I'll be positively surprised - you guys have amazed me with your initiatives already! :)

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hello,

I am Fredrik and got a question from danrip if i wanted to contribute on the iphone project for Malmöfestivalen. I thought, why not ? :) I'm 34 years old, recently divorced, have a son who is 4 years old and i live in Eslöv, about 20 minutes by train from Malmö. I started out as a java developer when i quit school in 1997 but changed to the microsoft platform year 2000. Since then i have mainly worked as an backend developer on the .net platform. In the recent years i have gotten more and more tired of the windows platform and web developemnt so now i work fulltime as a developer for iphone and android.

Thanx for letting me join you guys! ;)

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Hi,

I am Anatoly. I am about to finish my studies at the department of informatics in Lund. I am fascinated of programming and soft values such as team building, collaboration and so on. My bachelor thesis is about how knowledge sharing works in software development teams.

I have worked much with .NET and Sharepoint while studiing. I have been developer at Live at Lund student portal. In these three years I have studied much of amazing have happened: cloud, android and so on.

I "met" Christer virtually when we attended a distance course in Android development. So I have been asked if I wanted to participate in this project. I like this project and its openness.

I like Java, .NET, web programming (html, css, js), Android, Ruby on Rails.

Also, I have a couple Android apps on Market (e.g. Lund University Sites). For my projects I use github.

Malmöfestivalen is also interesting for me to observe how people can work together without being "co-located" (not in one building). Conventions, issue tracker, discussions are very powerful when you use them.

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Hi,

My name is Magnus and I am 28 year old. I live with my fiancee in Lund. I work for Daniel at Consulence and he threatened to fire me if I did not join this project...

My background is mostly in Java and mobile applications. Amongst other things I’ve done projects for iPhone, Android, JavaMe, Java webb apps (jsp, js) and some minor .NET stuff.
Right now I am working at ST-Ericsson as a test engineer for the Android platform.

Haven’t worked in an open source project before so I wanted to try it out.
Was just kidding about the getting fired part btw =D

Developer
May 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Hi,

My name is Caroline. I am 26 years old and live with my boyfriend in Lund. I have been working for 1.5 years, developing web applications on the Microsoft platform. I've also got some Java and Andriod experience.

I helped testing the Malmöfestivalen app last year and was asked to do it this year as well. I am looking forward to seeing the 2011 app develop :)

Developer
May 25, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Hi, My name is Himzo and I am 36 years old. I am living happily in 15 years long relationship and we’ve got two kids 15 and 3 years old. 

I've been working with mobile services and applications for some time now. I am a Java guy so Android and Blackberry (RIM) are quite natural to me. I have also worked with Qt and developed applications for Nokia phones, both Symbian and MeeGo. I am traveling quite a lot currently and do not have that much time, but I will try to contribute as much as I can. 

Developer
Jun 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Hi guys and gals!

My name is Henric, I am 34 years old and live in Örebro, Sweden. I work as a developer at Sigma, focusing mainly on the MS stack. I've done some work on WindowsPhone 7 both professionally and during off-hours, but my main experience lies with ASP.NET, WCF and some WPF/Silverlight. I devote most of my spare time to programming, reading software development related books, gaming and hanging out with my 6 year old son.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and work on this project!

You can find me on Twitter as fat_coder.

Developer
Jun 8, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Hi!

My name is Björn, 29 years old and I have been living in Malmö for the past 5 years with my two cats.

I am a ninja at tretton37 and my main focus is .NET. My stack of tools/framework are wcf/windsor/automapper/asp.net mvc/nhibernate/nunit/t4 etc. At work I primarily develop in c# but I've been done things in f#, ruby, perl, python, groovy, clojure etc as well. 

I've met Christer through work, we've worked on a few projects together. I am really looking forward to contributing to this project and see what we all can come up with!

Linkedin: http://se.linkedin.com/in/bjnjohansson
Twitter: bjnjohansson