Other devices...

Coordinator
May 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Short status on "other devices" work:

After contacting the Malmö festival guys to hear of any other iPhone development going on, the following turned up via twitter correspondence:

• There's a guy in Malmö who has something for the iPhone based on the new API. I've contacted him and suggested that we could join up, for the obvious, positive reasons (more people, more ideas, more done). I don't know the status of the work he's been doing, or even if he's interested in working with us Open Source style - I'm waiting for an answer on that. But if it's possible, I suggest we check out what he's done and decide if that's something we can use to bootstrap iPhone development with more participants. 
  • I got in contact with a guy in Stockholm who might be interested in bootstrapping Windows Phone 7 development with us. He also knows local WP7 developers, so he thinks that getting a small WP7 team together might be possible.

I think this is very exciting, if these people could bring something in for iPhone and WP7. I think it's a great opportunity to learn and exchange knowledge about the different types of devices, and meet new people in the business. I'll keep you guys posted as soon as there's any progress.

:o) 

Coordinator
May 15, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Short update:

• iPhone: No news. Haven't received any answer on my question of collaboration in open source code. 
  • WP7: JohanLindfors has joined the team. He will try to find developers, who would be interested in doing a WP7 app.

I guess the hard question is right now, if we want to continue our iPhone efforts. Basically I haven't got more info than this and this. This is my question which is still open. 

Personally I don't see any problem in having more than one iPhone app out there, but then again, I'm not developing iPhone... input please!

Developer
May 15, 2011 at 8:19 PM

I am happy to continue with the iPhone effort even if there are more apps in development. It's for fun after all.

Just hoping that there will be enough time to get a good app out there before the festival. But im willing to give it a try =)

Coordinator
May 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Great! Tomorrow I'll ask around, to try and see if we can get more iPhone developers onboard, so that it's not on your shoulders alone...

I suggest the rest of the group will try to do the same...

Coordinator
May 16, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Update: HenrikSvenell just joined to work on WP7 development... 

Coordinator
May 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

For Magnus, Johan and Henrik, who recently joined and who are involved on iPhone / WP7, I have now updated the documentation with a feature set description of the 2010 Android app.

Instead of just creating a pile of issues, I chose to do it like this. From this documentation you can derive the tasks you want to imeplement yourself, as you see fit. I hope that's ok...

http://mmm.codeplex.com/documentation 

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Fredrik (Glawe) has joined us to help us on our iPhone efforts! :)

Fredrik, please synchronize with Magnus (magpet) to get status, what's needs to be done, and in which order, ok?

Developer
May 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Hello all,

Yes i will! ;)

/Glawe

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Jörgen (joreks) has now joined us to help us on our iPhone efforts! :)

Jörgen, please synchronize with Magnus (magpet) and Fredrik (Glawe), who developes for the iPhone as well, about status and tasks.

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Sarah (sarahkjork) has joined us to chip in on WP7 development. Welcome! :)

After talking to her on twitter, Danwei Tran has also mentioned interest in joining the WP7 development later this summer. 

Given the time frame, I think we should have at least 1 or 2 WP7 developers more? Or?

Have a nice day everyone, sun's out! :o)