Follow up on iPhone kickstart meetup

Coordinator
May 12, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Today Daniel, Magnus and I met up for having a talk about starting up the iPhone development of MMM. For those interested, we touched the following subjects. Comments are, of course, welcome!

• Ping Malmöfestivalen, to ensure no on else is working on an iPhone app. No need to o double work... ;o) Responsible: Christer
  • Create issues in the issue tracker with all the features from 2010 Android edition, to have a pile to take from for the iPhone. Responsible: Christer
  • iOS folder in code tree and some minimum of iPhone project inside. Responsible: Magnus.
  • After iOS folder and minimum project has been done, we'll try to attract more iPhone developers to help us out. Responsible: Everyone. 
  • iPhone deadline should no later than mid July, as the approvement process at Apple is quite a bit more time consuming than Android.
  • Graphics deadline is therefore no later than start July.
  • We need to collect device IDs for any iPhones, that will help us test.
  • We need to produce icons and copytext (for App store/Market) early.
  • We should think a bit about how to market our apps at the festival. Some sort of guerilla marketing...
  • Send APK to Magnus. Responsible: Christer
  • The iPhone app will be developed in native code.
  • Daniel, through his company Consulence, has a developer and publisher account at Apple. It was suggested that we use this account to deploy the app.

Did I miss anything? Let me know...

Developer
May 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Sounds about right, only thing I can think of is developer and ad hoc distro certificates for iPhone dev. I'll take care of that.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:33 PM, christerdk <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Today Daniel, Magnus and I met up for having a talk about starting up the iPhone development of MMM. For those interested, we touched the following subjects. Comments are, of course, welcome!

• Ping Malmöfestivalen, to ensure no on else is working on an iPhone app. No need to o double work... ;o) Responsible: Christer
  • Create issues in the issue tracker with all the features from 2010 Android edition, to have a pile to take from for the iPhone. Responsible: Christer
  • iOS folder in code tree and some minimum of iPhone project inside. Responsible: Magnus.
  • After iOS folder and minimum project has been done, we'll try to attract more iPhone developers to help us out. Responsible: Everyone.
  • iPhone deadline should no later than mid July, as the approvement process at Apple is quite a bit more time consuming than Android.
  • Graphics deadline is therefore no later than start July.
  • We need to collect device IDs for any iPhones, that will help us test.
  • We need to produce icons and copytext (for App store/Market) early.
  • We should think a bit about how to market our apps at the festival. Some sort of guerilla marketing...
  • Send APK to Magnus. Responsible: Christer
  • The iPhone app will be developed in native code.
  • Daniel, through his company Consulence, has a developer and publisher account at Apple. It was suggested that we use this account to deploy the app.

Did I miss anything? Let me know...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mmm@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mmm@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel Ripoll
Consulence AB
0708-507490